Some of you might have read my 13 Lessons I Learned in 2013 post. If so, thanks for reading. If not, check it out.
Rather than making a list of resolutions for 2014 I knew I would never keep, I decided to reflect on what I learned the previous year. I learned several important lessons that I hope I’ll continue to look back on and smile. But I don’t want to stop there.
I want this year to be a year of progress and growth.
Each month I hope to look back on the previous one, recall what I learned, and set goals for myself. I would love for each of you to join and share with me what you’re working toward each month!
So here we go, friends…
1. Do something active at least 3-4 times each week. I feel 10 times, no 100 times better when I do something active. Whether that’s doing one of my 5K workouts, going on a hike, or just walking around downtown, I have more energy and sleep so much better at night. I’m working toward making this goal a lifestyle and a non-negotiable.
2. Drink more water. The same applies to this goal as it does to being active. I can tell a huge difference on days I don’t drink water and the days I do. I’m hoping this will help with some of the skin issues I’ve been having also.
3. Read more. Let’s be real, I’ve been trying to finish Daring Greatly since the summer. Rather than choosing Netflix or social media, I want to grab a book instead.
4. Be good to myself. I’ve really noticed an increase in negative self-talk lately. Thoughts like I’m an idiot, I can never remember anything, I’ll never be pretty, skinny, or smart enough have filled my head. But this month I’m yelling STOP to the negative and trying to replace those thoughts with positive ones.
5. Be all in. My church has focused on this topic a lot and it’s really stuck with me. No more excuses. I’m ready to be all in for Christ. I want Him to consume my thoughts, my time, my money, etc. It’s time for me to let go of the things that are holding me back and press forward.
There’s several more I can think of, but I also want to be realistic. I’m making these five my focus this month.
What goals are you working toward this month?