It’s finally fall, friends and I am in love. The cool weather made its way to the mountains this past weekend and I’ve had the ultimate pleasure of unpacking all my fall clothing. It’s so fun to go through it all and find pieces you forgot you ever had. It’s sort of like getting a brand new wardrobe without spending a penny!
Along with my love of fall clothing is my love of fall foods! Pumpkin being a top ingredient in many items. I found a really fun sparkling pumpkin cider beertail recipe that my sister and I tried during our last girl’s night, and it turned out really great! It’s definitely a keeper so I thought I’d share.
Ingredients (makes one full, standard-size pitcher; roughly 8 glasses)
6 bottles of Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
1 bottle of sparkling cider (it doesn’t matter what brand, just make sure it’s sparkling cider and not sparkling grape juice!)
Cinnamon sticks (enough for each glass to have 2 sticks)
8 lemon wedges
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1. In a standard-sized pitcher, mix the beer and cider together and refrigerate until ready to pour
2. Mix the cinnamon and sugar into a bowl that is big enough to fit the rim of the glass into
3. Take a lemon wedge and rub on the rim of each glass (you want the rim to be sticky and wet enough to hold the cinnamon-sugar mixture)
4. Place the rim of each glass into the bowl of cinnamon-sugar and twist so the mix creates a thin coat on the rim (think margarita salt)
5. Place two cinnamon sticks into each glass
6. Pour the beer and cider mixture into each glass
7. Place a lemon wedge on the rim of each cocktail
8. Optional – finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top for garnish
What are your favorite fall cocktails?