I am so happy and excited to announce that today I was offered a full-time position at my alma mater, Western Carolina University!
My job title is Assistant Director of Annual Giving in the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs. Here’s what I’ll be doing:
- Aid in fundraising efforts, specifically for restricted funds.
- Aid in designing comprehensive annual giving marketing plans for the Loyalty Fund, other annual giving programs, and WCU’s student philanthropy program.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage student fundraisers.
- Aid in the preparation of acknowledgement letters and correspondence, updating web pages, and coordinating mailings.
- I’ll also be helping with special events.
I’m beyond excited! Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying and thinking of me. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!
My step dad was really sweet and bought me ice cream to say congratulations (see below).
Today has been a really great day! I’m thankful for answered prayers and excited to take on this next chapter of my life! I’m even more excited to have a little less stress in my life for the moment and hoping I’ll get some much needed sleep tonight.
Here we go!